Saturday, August 28, 2010

USS Midway

We stopped at a naval aircraft carrier the USS Midway in San Diego, which was made into a museum. It was commissioned in 1945 and decommissioned in 1995.
It went through two wars the Korean and Vietnam.
There were many veterans on board as tour guides.
My favorite part was the infirmary (big shock) but I didn't take any pics of it!
My kids liked seeing all the planes, especially on deck where they would take off and land.
Gavin liked the guns on the outside of the helicopter.

On deck where the jets would take off and land
Inside the cockpit of one of the planes
Noah, happy as a clam as always.
Brooklyn sitting on a seat that could eject out of the plane if necessary.

The HUGE chain that went to the anchor of the ship.

2 comments:

Laurel said...

Bob saw this ship before it was decommissioned. So cool you got to see it. I always love taking the kids to museums.

Loralee said...

This looks like so much fun! My kiddos would love this. I love the photo of Noah - all smiles!