Wednesday, November 3, 2010

LIfe is so precious

Today we lost a person that had been close to our family. He'd spent vacations and trips to Grandma's with us, Sunday afternoons and helped Lexi baby-sit my kids. It just breaks my heart, he was so young and my kids adored him. You never know when your time on earth will end or anyone else's either. I've been thinking a lot today about my own family unit. Sometimes I think that I focus too much on everything that needs to be done, opposed to things that really matter. My kids are the happiest when I actually watch a movie with them, not just send them upstairs to watch it on their own, or play UNO or Old Maid with them. Yesterday I played Candyland with Gav and he was thrilled! Sometimes I want to do all these big elaborate things with my kids, but I really think what matters most is the little things and giving them your time and attention. Hold your little ones close and give them lots of hugs and kisses, because life is so precious.

1 comment:

Laurel said...

I'm sorry you lost someone. That is always hard.
Spending time with your kids can be hard, especiallly when there is a huge to do list! But spending the time does make them happier, no matter how little it may seem. Usually when I tak the time to enjoy my kids I also end up feeling 100% better!