Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Learning from our children






  

It is so true that our kids teach us more than we teach them.  Recently I was talking to Brooklyn about school and she was telling me something she did, I was thinking it was a little strange and asked her if she thought other classmates would do the same thing?  She replied no and I proceeded to tell her than maybe she shouldn’t do it because the other kids might thing it was weird.  She told me very matter-of-factly “Mom, I’m different and that is okay, because if we were all the same that would be so BORING!” *jaw drop*  Lesson learned, it is okay  not to be like the status quo.  While I know this I don’t know that I have an easy time not “blending” with everyone.  Brooklyn is not typical, she is AMAZING and I love that she loves who she is, even it isn’t like everyone else. 

No comments: