Sunday, February 12, 2012

Best of friends..worst of enemies

Brooklyn and Gavin right now are either best friends or worst enemies. Most of the time they do well together but every now again we have an all out war break out. It doesn't surprise me I the least however, because they remind me of my brother and I to a tee. My brother was such a tease and loved to get a reaction out of me, and he definitely did! It wasn't until I hit about 16 when I realized if I ignored it he would stop, because it wasn't fun for him anymore. So I'm settling in for the long haul. Brooklyn and i have had many tearful conversations where she asks me why we can't "send Gavin to a new family" (makes perfect sense, right? In an 8yo mind). I try to empathize with her an tell her u went through the same exact thing and to try ignore the teasing then it will (hopefully) get better sooner than later. We shall see.

Brooklyn attacked Gavin with a marker last night, luckily it wasn't permanent !! He's definitely not the culprit of all the shenanigans!!

No comments: