Saturday, April 11, 2009

My Little Brooklyn

Yesterday I and the kids went shopping at the mall and they talked me into buying them some shades. When we got home Brooklyn wanted me to take a picture of her with them on, so cute!

Gavin is such a handful and so busy I feel like a lot of times Brooklyn is left in the shadows, so here are some things to get up to speed about Brooklyn this year.
Brooklyn is in kindergarten this year and has really loved it. She loves being able to be with friends and learn at school. It is amazing how far they progress in one year of school. When Brooklyn started kindergarten she couldn't read at all ( I know what a slacker mother I am, age 5 and she's not at a 3rd grade reading level! Shame! whatev...). But now she is reading so well and writing stories all the time. Brooklyn is such a sweet little girl. She thinks everyone is her best friend. She is naive to all the cliches (?) in her class (that I know exist b/c I go to her class every week). She is very accepting of everyone in her class. I'm so proud of who she is becoming, I hope she always remains as kind and caring as she is now.
Another new thing that I just realized she can do now is "pump." You don't know how long I've waited for this day, and she finally got the hang of it. If you look closely at the picture above you can see her flying through the air all by herself. I'm sorry to say I am a mother that dislikes pushing my kids on the swing (sad, I know). I don't know what it is, I think it kinda makes me nauseous watching them swing back and forth. So now Brooklyn pushes Gavin for me and then swings all by herself, does life get any better?
Finally, Brooklyn has been driving me crazy with all the pieces of paper constantly scattered ALL over the house accompanied by many crayons, markers, glue sticks and tape. She LOVES drawing and making things all the time, her newest creation making laptops for everyone. I had to laugh this morning when I got home because the one she made today actually had a "Google" screen! This one didn't have a mouse attached like the others though, pretty cute still.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Wow she is getting so grown up! It's amazing how fast that happens. You are right about the bother taking a lot of time we know how that goes here! She sounds a lot like Reagan so sweat and happy! I am glad you are doing well. If you come this way we'd love to see you guys!