Friday, September 17, 2010

Needing a reprieve...

I think today was bound to just be a struggle.
This morning Brooklyn couldn't find her shoes, making the carpool wait at least 15 minutes (luckily they arrived early)
Then the framer for our detached garage came to start work and asked for the plans, which I know nothing about! Of course Spencer is at school and NOT taking calls. Meanwhile I'm am really irritated that he didn't take care of this and the framer is questioning me about what he should do!! I'm so stressed I can't do anything because I want to get him the plans, so I just waste away my morning worrying about it.
Then I get Gavin up for preschool only to discover he has cut chunks of his hair off! Ughh! I bathe him, feed him an apple because he won't eat anything I'm suggesting him and tell him to get his shoes and get in the car.
My phone beeps because I received a text, YES Spencer hopefully is answering me about the plans. CAN'T FIND MY PHONE!! Call it, doesn't ring?!? But it beeped when the text came? It beeps again, still can't find it! Now I'm late for Preschool. I take the baby out to the car and call to Gavin, no answer. Go back in the house no answer, in the yard yelling his name NO ANSWER! Are you freaking kidding me? I go BACK in the house yelling his name, find my phone with a text from Spencer saying "I am in class, can you text?" NO I can't text right now. Go back to the car find Gavin hiding from me behind the seats. My blood is boiling I was so upset I grabbed him somewhat from behind the seat, he bangs his face on the carseat and starts bawling. I drive to pick up our neighbor. She is really cute and says "Gavin? Why you have a big wed mock on you cheek?" (big red mark) He says I hit my face on the carseat when my mom hit me? Oh nooo...that sounds SO horrible, I wanted to cry. I'm home and I need to do a bunch of laundry, clean my house, go to work, work on work stuff and a million other things but I'm so upset I just want to go back to bed and wake up tomorrow.

2 comments:

Laurel said...

First rule of parenting...leave the mark where no one will see it. Especially cute neighbor girls! I would have been mad too!

Tiff said...

The good thing about kids is they will love you just the same tomorrow and you can start all over again ha ha, the things we do as parents. Just for that I think we have earned our eternal bliss!!I am so sorry I have had many days like.