Well I just got home from the airport, where I dropped off this amazing guy. He was on a non-stop flight to Paris, then on to Prague. He will be there for a week and then head to Rome for another week. This is all part of his final class at the U of U in the Executive MBA program. The last 20 months have felt like forever, but at the same time flew by. I am so proud of him and all his hard work. The last couple months have really tested him, at work he has been really busy. He has pulled many a late nights and even raised $4000 for the Make-A-Wish foundation within a couple days for a team project he had. I am glad that he can go on this trip and relax, but I am really going to miss him. It isn't even the fact he won't be there to help out, because honestly it has really just been me the last two years, because he has been really busy and I have really had to take care of everything pretty much. More than that it is just calling my best friend to tell him whatever random thing I'm thinking about, or a funny thing the kids did, etc. He is going to communicate through Skype when he is done in the evening, but still I already feel so disconnected not being able to call him whenever I want. The best part though? When he comes home he will be done! When I told the kids that at the end of April, he was done with school. They asked me "until when?" I told them he was done forever. They started jumping up and down they were so excited. This is the end of an era for us. It has been challenging sacrificing for this, but now I can say it was all worth it. Can't wait to see this smiling face in two weeks :)
2 comments:
Isn't it a relief?! Congrats to you both! Hard work does pay off. It seems like the hard work is never done though. It's just time for a different kind of hard work.
I'm so glad it's the end of this era and on to another one! I know how you feel not being in instant touch with your best friend. It will be so nice to have him back...fully!
Post a Comment