
Don't let this picture fool you, great photographers are a wonderful thing. We recently had our family pictures done and she did amazing. Check Katie Torriente out on my sidebar. Back to karma...
I knew this day would come and really hoped it didn't. The day my kids would start to fight!! Not just argue occasionally, I mean knock down, drag out, crying, screaming fight! When my brother Ryan and I were little and into teen age we fought horribly. For one, he is one of the biggest teases I know and two, I was the easiest person to get a rise out of I know. So, Ryan being the tease he was (is) he would torture me to my whits end and I would inevitably attack him with my rage. This lasted until I was probably 15 or 16 and FINALLY realized that what my Mom said about ignoring him was TRUE. Imagine that...anyway, Brooklyn and Gavin are very similar to Ryan and I. Gavin is a tease and Brooklyn is easily teased. They are close in age (about 2 1/2 years) like Ryan and I were as well.
Most of their fighting lately is in the car (need a bigger one) they reach across from each other to hit, torment, harass, etc. until I am screaming threatening to pull the car over...you get the idea.
So we were driving from Nauvoo, Illinois to St. Louis, Missouri (3 hour car ride) yesterday and in a TINY little rental car that had virtually no space in the back seat and they were fighting so bad. Gavin hit Brooklyn in the face with his flashlight and Brooklyn was pinching him. Finally I yell "OKAY! No hitting with objects, you can only hit with your hands and no pinching or pulling hair!" I looked at Spencer after I said this and we both busted up. How ridiculous is that statement?? Oh my gosh It was so brutal I am surprised we made it home in one piece. If anyone has any ideas for us to rangle our crazy kids and all their fighting your advice is welcomed.
1 comment:
Ha. Me and my brother had the same problem. When we would go on long trips is when it would happen the most. So finally my dad said he was going to pull over... and he always says that... so we didnt think much & just kept fighting. Finally he really did pull over and spanked us pretty hard. Ever since that if he said he was going to pull over we stopped imediately!!! (not saying you should do it, i'm just saying it worked...)
Post a Comment