Monday, August 31, 2009

Summer at PG Pool


This summer I decided I'd get a pool pass to give us something to do. My kids are at such a great age to go to the pool, because Brooklyn can swim really well and I don't worry about her drowning at all (even though I still watch her like a hawk). Gavin is really cautious and never leaves the shallow part, so I basically just sit and watch my kids play, not a lot of effort really. It was so great this year we loved it! Brooklyn is such a fish, she just sits and dives for hours with her little diving rings. The problem I did have with her this year is that she constantly wanted to swim in the deep end and I don't let her unless I'm there and Gavin doesn't like swimming there because he can't touch and I have to hold him. So, we'd take turns and Gavin and I would sit in the deep end and watch her jump off the diving board for a while, then we'd go back to the shallow part, it worked pretty good and I'm proud to say on the last day we went to the pool Gavin was putting his face underwater! This is really a huge accomplishment for him. He is not anything like Brooklyn when it comes to swimming, he wouldn't even let me put him in lessons this year, so hopefully next year he will ;)




Brooklyn doing her "twistie" off the diving board, it looks freaky in this picture cause it looks like she'll hit the board!

No comments: