Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Saying Gavin is not a morning person is an understatement
If ever I need to get somewhere before 11a.m. it is bound to be a fight with Gavin. Sometimes I feel like I'm dealing with a teenager. He covers his head with his pillow and cries "I'm still tired!" Or he completely ignores me and is like a comatose patient, never opening his eyes or reacting whatsoever. It has started to be a real pain. I thought that once Brooklyn started A track and was going to school at 8 a.m.(therefore going to bed earlier), Gavin would follow suit..not so much, actually not at all! For instance this morning I have a 10 a.m. meeting, so instead of dragging him out of bed 15 minutes before I have to leave I thought I'd start an hour and a half early giving me ample time to get him up. I opened the shutters to let in the light and he started yelling "turn off the lights!" I told him it was "morning-time." He said he just wanted me to turn off the lights and let him sleep. I asked him if I shut the shutters would he get up, and he said no. Then I offered to turn cartoons on for him if he would get up. He told me, "if you shut the windows, then I'll let you turn on cartoons for me..." He is such the little bargainer. I guess until I get really strict and make him go to bed earlier, this is going to be a continuous battle, so until then....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
o man, gavin is so funny, me and ryan were laughing when we read this! Cause we can only picture him doing that! So funny!!! I hope your feeling better!
Good luck...I will stay tuned to for update on this story!:)
Post a Comment