Thursday, July 10, 2008

Spencer Update

Well, this week has been a loooong week. It has been strange having Spencer home so much. Anybody that knows him, knows, that he does not sit still. He always has a least one project(if not more) going on, along with work, his calling, and family. This week has pretty much been a bust in his opinion. Oh well, I have enjoyed his company. Earlier this week we were able to go see an orthopedic surgeon, thanks to my wonderful brother-in-law, Chris, he majorly hooked us up and got us in. Most of the orthopedists wouldn't even see as till the end of the week! So after his examination and looking at his xr's and CT scan the surgeon decided to perform surgery friday in hopes of just scoping the knee and being able to repair the fracture. However, he wanted an MRI done to make sure none of the ligaments were damaged. So, yesterday Spencer went in and had that done. Today he woke up and the bottom of his calf was really swollen, hot to the touch and PAINFUL, to say the least. Immediately I'm thinking DVT (blood clot) and freak out call the DR. Spencer was all mad because he didn't want to go in, and thought it was a waste of time. I told him "I'm doing this because I love you so much :)" Anyway, no blood clot, but while he was there the DR told him his ACL was torn. Not good news at all...Spencer was pretty bummed about it, but he excited to get surgery and start healing, so wish us luck tomorrow!

2 comments:

Sheryl Cottle said...

Poor Spencer! We all love ya, and hope you recover quick.

Laurel said...

I hope the surgery went well. We'll be thinking of you.