Today is Spencer's birthday, and though he doesn't really think birthdays are that big of deal, I do. This year has been a hard one for him since his accident. I witnessed a side of him I never thought there was. Spencer is a pretty tough guy, never really sheds a tear. His brother Stewart likes to tease him and say he has a "tin heart." However, the pain he endured this summer brought him to his breaking point. It made me realize how excruciating his pain really was. I realized how much I depend on him and how our little family missed having him run around with the kids. He really is the more fun one of the two of us. He is the one that will jump on the tramp with kids, or go down slides, he is such a great Dad, and we are so glad he has gotten so much better. Even though he has some more healing to do, it feels like he is back to normal. Thanks for all you do, we love you and hope you have a Happy Birthday!
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Happy Birthday Spence!
Today is Spencer's birthday, and though he doesn't really think birthdays are that big of deal, I do. This year has been a hard one for him since his accident. I witnessed a side of him I never thought there was. Spencer is a pretty tough guy, never really sheds a tear. His brother Stewart likes to tease him and say he has a "tin heart." However, the pain he endured this summer brought him to his breaking point. It made me realize how excruciating his pain really was. I realized how much I depend on him and how our little family missed having him run around with the kids. He really is the more fun one of the two of us. He is the one that will jump on the tramp with kids, or go down slides, he is such a great Dad, and we are so glad he has gotten so much better. Even though he has some more healing to do, it feels like he is back to normal. Thanks for all you do, we love you and hope you have a Happy Birthday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a sweet post. You guys have an amazing family.
Post a Comment