Well Christmas is over, and I always feel a little sad, because I love all the parties, shopping, music, service and giving leading up to Christmas. However, this year...not so much. I don't know if the older you get the more you stress about it or what, but I was definitely more stressed this Christmas than in years past. I swear during the last days leading up to it, I was going to Walmart twice a day!! I got to the point were I refused unless Spencer drove me to the entrance and waited in the Fire Zone with the kids. I do love Christmas though, no matter how dramatic I'm being, we had wonderful Christmas Season and here are some of the things we did in December. I apologize in advance this may be long...
At the beginning of December my parents took us to The Forgotten Carols, it is a family tradition and I grew up listening to the songs, so it is a lot of fun.

Earlier this month Gavin's Mom/tot class had a Christmas Party, well towards the end Gavin was getting super impatient. He decided he wanted a cookies NOW! Unfortunately we weren't at that station yet, so he had a tantrum and the picture below is him pushing on the gym mats which were separating parts of the gym, well you can guess what happened. Yes, he pushed it down, causing domino effect and knocking down two other mats!! Including the garland and decorations hanging on them. I seriously wanted to strangle the kid.
Here he is happy eating his dang cookie, standing next to him is his sweet friend Addie who is so calm and well -behaved, he needs to take some lessons from her.
Brookly performed the last day of school the song "Must be Santa" she did really good, (it's a reeaally long song!) She doesn't look thrilled in this pic, but she did great singing!
A few days before Christmas, Spencer had to travel to Moab for a job and work for a few days. He told me if and when it snowed I would have to get our 4-wheeler out and plow the snow, to which I replied "absolutely not!" But as the inches of snow grew taller and taller I realized there was no choice I had to at least try. So I did it! I was super nervous, I never really ride our 4-wheeler (by choice). I think I did okay.
Notice the huge barriers of snow blocking the trailers, fortunately Spencer fixed that when he came home, so he was able to get his dump trailer out ;)
We also were finally able to make our first snowman. Brooklyn was so disappointed in me because I didn't have a carrot for the nose or anything really for eyes and a mouth...I know how lame am I?
Christmas morning we finally woke our kids up around 9:15 because we couldn't wait any longer to see them open their presents!


Gavin got a tool bench and was on cloud nine, everyone knows Gavin is a sucker for tools!!!
Aaaah...even if they fight all the time I can still get them to take a convincing picture that says otherwise!
Lexi, Ams, Alyssa, Ash, Whit
Later to my Parent's house for dinner, this is all the girls but Leesh :( She had to wait for her bro-in-law calling from his mission.)
This picture says it all for Spence...looong day!
The day after Christmas we went with my Dad and Ry to the church and played a little ball. Gavin mostly like playing with the pump the whole time.
At the beginning of December my parents took us to The Forgotten Carols, it is a family tradition and I grew up listening to the songs, so it is a lot of fun.
Earlier this month Gavin's Mom/tot class had a Christmas Party, well towards the end Gavin was getting super impatient. He decided he wanted a cookies NOW! Unfortunately we weren't at that station yet, so he had a tantrum and the picture below is him pushing on the gym mats which were separating parts of the gym, well you can guess what happened. Yes, he pushed it down, causing domino effect and knocking down two other mats!! Including the garland and decorations hanging on them. I seriously wanted to strangle the kid.
Here he is happy eating his dang cookie, standing next to him is his sweet friend Addie who is so calm and well -behaved, he needs to take some lessons from her.
Brookly performed the last day of school the song "Must be Santa" she did really good, (it's a reeaally long song!) She doesn't look thrilled in this pic, but she did great singing!
A few days before Christmas, Spencer had to travel to Moab for a job and work for a few days. He told me if and when it snowed I would have to get our 4-wheeler out and plow the snow, to which I replied "absolutely not!" But as the inches of snow grew taller and taller I realized there was no choice I had to at least try. So I did it! I was super nervous, I never really ride our 4-wheeler (by choice). I think I did okay.
Notice the huge barriers of snow blocking the trailers, fortunately Spencer fixed that when he came home, so he was able to get his dump trailer out ;)
We also were finally able to make our first snowman. Brooklyn was so disappointed in me because I didn't have a carrot for the nose or anything really for eyes and a mouth...I know how lame am I?
Christmas morning we finally woke our kids up around 9:15 because we couldn't wait any longer to see them open their presents!Later to my Parent's house for dinner, this is all the girls but Leesh :( She had to wait for her bro-in-law calling from his mission.)
2 comments:
Looks like you guys had a great month! I would have died of embarrassment when Gavin knocked those mats down. Brooklyn looks so grown up in the Kindergarten picture. Hope you had a Merry Christmas.
Looks sooo cold:) Just wanted to say "hi" , hope all is well ! Jami
Post a Comment