Saturday, June 13, 2009

Summerfest

A few weeks ago a friend and I sat down and planned something once a week to take our kids to, to keep them busy this summer. This week we decided to visit Summerfest in Orem. Friday they were bringing in the AirMed Helicopter and I though my kids would really like seeing that, especially Gavin. To my surprise he was totally terrified to get inside it, for whatever reason I have no idea. That kid is so random somtimes. Brooklyn however was thrilled and loved it. They also had the Orem City Fire Dept. there with one of their fire engines and an ambulance. They were so nice they showed the kids all the compartments and gadgets everywhere and let them sit inside. He had them hold the hose and showed them how you turn it on. Brooklyn got to try on one of their coats. They also had crafts the kids made and then we played at the park. Pretty fun day for the kids and even better it was totally free!

Brooklyn sitting inside the AirMed Helicopter, pretty cozy in there I didn't realize how small they were inside.

Gavin holding the hose, this is his favorite thing in the world spraying people with hoses, ask my Mother-in-law he soaked her a couple weeks ago!

Brooklyn pulling back the lever that lets the water out of the hose.

Brooklyn in the fireman's jacket, she said "its not heavy!" I wasn't convinced..

No comments: