When Brooklyn was a newborn she had colic. It always started around 6 p.m. at night and would only last until 10p.m. or so. Spencer and I would hold out as long as we could and then put her in the tub, because she would immediately calm down. We would then leave her in there as long as the water was warm. So, since Brooklyn was a newborn she has LOVED the water. I put her in swimming lessons right before she turned three, because she would just jump right in without any reservations whatsoever...SCARY!! That is why I started her in swimming lessons so early, so that hopefully she would learn to swim before she drowned!
This year for my birthday I picked out a new camera specially designed for underwater!! It is so awesome! It has a float strap so if you drop it in the water by accident,it just bounces right back to the top. It also has a silicone cover that is like a shock absorber (perfect for my kids who are always handling my cameras!).
Last Friday we swam at Spencer's brother's pool and tried it out. I have to say I was way nervous submerging my brand new camera in the water but it was fine! Brooklyn was having a blast taking pictures underwater.
Although Brooklyn is my fish, Gavin is more of my beached whale. He would much rather look at the water or float on TOP of the water, rather than get in. I'm working on him though. I make him plug his nose and go under, hopefully by the end of the summer he will like it a little more.
2 comments:
My daughter is the same! She just can't wait to jump in. We are working with her this year on swimming, I have spent almost everyday this week at the pool! But I get so tired being pregnant and all.. I really need to put her in swim lessons, but I guess I'll wait until after I get home. {where did she go for lessons?}
BTW I am so jealous of your camera! I love those pics!!
What cute pictures! Isn't the camera the best? I hope it is warmer after vacations so I can continue to live at the pool and hang out together.
Post a Comment