This is Brooklyn her first week home from the hospital.
As school approaches (less than a week away!), I am all ready the kids have their clothes, backpacks, school supplies, etc. This is pretty amazing for me considering how much of a procrastinator I usually am, but thanks to the internet I made very few trips out of my house! At the beginning of the summer I was dreading Brooklyn going back to school, because I knew she would be gone the whole day. The thought gave me anxiety. I could manage 2 1/2 hours at kindergarten, but could someone actually take care of my little girl for over 6 hours and return her safely to me? I know this sounds crazy, and that is because I AM a little crazy to be honest.
This summer has been so busy, and I know this is what most people say, however for us it really has been probably ten times more busy than usual. We've been camping to Monticello, Moab, Hurricane, Fairview and Oak City Canyon. We got a pool pass and went swimming a couple times a week, there was Strawberry Days, 4th of July and the 24th. We went to Nauvoo and on a Pioneer Trek. It has been a lot of fun, but I'm ready to slow down and get back into a routine and so are my kids. Unfortunately I think my kids are starting to suffer from the lack of structure we have had in our home. Going to bed at 11 p.m., sleeping till 10 a.m., and now Brooklyn has to be at school at 8 a.m.! Luckily she gets up pretty easily. If it was Gavin there would be blood and gnashing of teeth!! He is NOT a morning person to put it nicely :)
So as I ramble on I guess I am just having mixed emotions. I know that everyone says that time goes by really quickly and that is because it does! It seems like only yesterday I was bringing home Brooklyn from the hospital thinking about someday when she would be in school, and also thinking how far away that seemed. Now we are here and she is my big "thirst grader" She can say her "f" sound but I have to remind her. She is such a doll and I love her so much. So naive going into this big scary world. I'll just savor the time I have.
2 comments:
Parenting is so hard and so fulfilling. It does go by so fast! I am feeling the same way. Maybe we should go out for misery ice-cream the first day of school.
I Agree 100% and sometimes I fell like the only crazy one so I am glad I am not alone. ENJOY!!! Call me and I will enjoy ICE CREAM too and shed a few tears!! JK
Post a Comment