Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Hiking the "G"

Brooklyn has been asking us all summer to hike the "G." Unfortunately our summer was so busy we never found the time. The weather was definitely getting cooler and Spencer knew it was now or next year and Brooklyn would be really disappointed if they didn't do it this year, so last weekend they bundled up in between conference sessions on Saturday and started up the mountain. It was funny because I asked Brooklyn if it was hard and she said "no, but Dad said we needed to save our energy." I assumed this was for Dad's sake and not for Brooklyn's. She was surprised (as was I the first time I saw the G) what it looked like, all the weaved metal and such, but was still thrilled all the same to be up there.
Brooklyn and a great Dad with knee brace and all hiking the steep terrain
(Spencer's own words: "it was steep!" :)

Brooklyn sitting atop the "G."

Can you see the anticipation and excitement in her face?

2 comments:

wellnesstrev said...

That is so cute. I love it. She had to hike the "G". She is a Reeve. Love Stephanie

Kizzy said...

omg..i loved hiking the G as a little girl on vacations to see family..how fun!!