On our last stop we went to Cozumel, Mexico. However, we took a taxi to the ferry, then a 40 minute ferry ride to Playa del Carmen, and finally an hour ride on the "minibus" to the Mayan city of Tulum.
I didn't know if my stomach could hold out with the awful ferry ride and nausea. Thankfully it got better and I was able to feel better just in time to get eaten alive by mosquitoes! It was so incredibly crazy! There were so Mexicans trying to sell us bug spray as we walked in and I was like no way...how bad can it be? Come on we are by the beach, oh my gosh it was soooo bad, I had a second calf on my same leg by the time we left.
Our tour guide's name was Helaman and he related a lot of Mayan history to the Book of Mormon as we took our drive to the city it was very interesting to listen to how things relate to one another.

Mayan Ruins

Taking the ferry over to Playa del Carmen


An alter where they performed human sacrifices.

After Tulum, the other families in our tour group wanted to stop at this fresh water hole, that has caves, so Spencer and Ryan snorkeled while Whitney and I watched. We didn't want to swim because one it was freezing and two there were little fish swimming everywhere and it was a little freaky! I've snorkeled before, but in warm non-cave waters :)

No comments:
Post a Comment