Thursday, December 24, 2009

She lost a tooth!!


The other night Brooklyn and Gavin were monkeying around and Brooklyn had a piece of rope in her mouth and Gavin was of course tugging on it, well when he ripped it our of her mouth it left her bottom tooth pretty loose. Brooklyn just kept wiggling it and wiggling it, I sent her to bed and at around 11 p.m. she ran into our room very excited because she had pulled it out! I was really surprised it didn't sound like her to do something like that. Spencer got up and got her a ziploc to put it in until morning. I had bought a little tooth fairy set that had a book telling about the tooth fairy, along with a little purse to put it in and light to "guide the fairy" to your house, in anticipation of this day.
We never really had talked about the tooth fairy before and so I told Brooklyn about it. It was funny because the first thing she said to me is "Is the tooth fairy real?" Exasperated, I said "of course!" All she knew is that whenever anyone in her school class lost a tooth, her teacher gave them a tooth necklace to put it in and she was excited to get it.
Unfortunately, as she was transferring her tooth from plastic baggie to the little purse I gave her it fell in the carpet, and that tooth was so tiny we could not find it anywhere. Blasted shag carpet! It was like trying to find a needle in a haystack I searched forever and couldn't find it.
LUCKILY, the tooth fairy is magic and along with the light to "guide" her to our house Brooklyn was not left disappointed.

No comments: