Friday, April 9, 2010

Noah



Most of you know that I had complications with my last two deliveries, and as a result I had a cesarean this time. On Wednesday March 31st, at 5 a.m. I arrived at Utah Valley Regional Medical Center's labor and delivery, after checking in they took me to a room to get my epidural and IV started etc. As soon as the anesthesiologist finished my epidural he asked me if I had any buzzing in my ears or a metallic taste in my mouth. I said no, but my palms were kind of itchy, he kind of brushed it off. Then my mouth started itching I told him this and he said it shouldn't be and asked if I had ever had reactions to my epidural before, I said no. Next my stomach started itching, then my legs then my chest. By this time he had left the room and so I told my nurse ( who I later figured out was in my Nursing class) that I needed some benadryl or something. She left the room and suddenly I felt horrible! I can't even explain it, kinda of like it is hard to breathe and you feel like your going to pass out. The blood pressure machine started to beep so I asked Spencer what it said my blood pressure was, well my diastolic pressure had dropped to 33! Which is pretty low, next thing I know the anesthesiologist is there giving me epinephrine twice to get my pressure up and like three doses of benadryl to try and help my now full body rash. I felt soooo much better though after he gave me the epinephrine it is amazing modern medicine. However, I was quite sleepy after that for the delivery, which probably was to my advantage, because I wasn't nervous at all after that!
They wheeled me into the operating room at 6:56 a.m. and at 7:16 a.m. Noah Rex Reeve was born, and a little peanut at that, 6 lbs 15 oz, what?!? This is not my child, except he looks exactly like Gavin and a little like Brooklyn. He measured two weeks big from 24 weeks on I couldn't believe he was so little. My others being between 8 & 9 pounds. We'll take him though, he sure is adorable.

1 comment:

Melinda Jones said...

Amberlie, he is gorgeous! What a scary experience with the epidural. I hope that you all are doing well.