Monday, April 18, 2011
I did it!
So, I have always wanted to do a half-marathon, but training for one takes a lot of commitment and the timing has never worked out. I am turning 30 this year and wanted to check it off my bucket list before then, so my friend Melissa committed me to run one this spring. I picked the Salt Lake City Half Marathon. I trained for 10 weeks and I felt pretty good going into this. My longest run I did before we ran the 13.1, was 12. At the end of our 12miler I was pretty tired but not dying! I knew I could do another mile. The day of the race was so great. I felt great and ended strong! In fact, I really wanted a negative split, but was worried I was going too fast at the first, but I beat the first half by 5 minutes! Wahoo! Anyway great experience, can't wait to do it again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It was so fun to see you up there! Didn't you love the race? I always get so hyped and want to do every race!
You too! The race was great, I can see it becoming a little addicting ;)
ok....so i so admire you! I have no will power but I would so love to run in a race....you are my idol.!! lets get together soon!
Post a Comment