

Saturday, Spencer did his first mountain bike race. He has wanted to start racing the last couple of years, but never found the time, between starting his company and building our house last year, but this year is HIS year. Or so he says. So this race was out at 5-mile pass, and apparently is a pretty tough course. Spencer has biked the trail before, and had a pretty bad crash. Even the manager from the Revolution bike shop said: "It's a bad luck course." Anyway during his training this past week, he was really unhappy with his performance, and even considered not doing the race. He did decide to do it, but I was really nervous for him. He raced in the Beginner class ages 30-39, and there were probably around 20-30 men. We went with the Larson Fam, because their two oldest boys Cameron and Connor were racing, as well as Greg. We cheered on our hubbies, and then waited....awhile. One lap is 11 miles long and takes about an hour to complete. Spencer only had to do one lap, since he was in the Beginner class. Greg had to do two laps since he races in the Sport class. Finally at about 57 min. I saw Spencer coming to the finish, I was so excited that he made it! AND, that he wasn't walking his bike, because there were a few of those :( After he crossed the finish and got the stats he came and told me he got 4th Place! I was so excited and proud of him,pretty good for his first race! Way to go Spence!!!
2 comments:
nice! 4th place good for him!
Good Job, Spencer!!! Now...if I could just get Amber & Melissa to run in a race with me...hmmm...Do I hear any takers for Strawberry Days, ladies? :)
Post a Comment