
In January, Brooklyn started having a few issues at Preschool, Dance, Primary... anyway she was always getting upset and having a hard time, so I decided I needed to do something. I decided to try what my friend Laurel likes to call "The Incentive Program." Basically bribery but the Incentive program sounds so much better :) I told her that for every time I picked her up and she was happy and not upset I would let her put a sticker on her chart, and after the whole chart was filled we could go get her a Barbie Mariposa, which is something she had really wanted. At first she wasn't getting very many stickers, but the last month, she got a sticker every time! She rarely gets upset in class, and her teacher told me she is doing awesome! I can't believe it really worked. It took her four months, but I'm glad I hung in there until she got all her stickers, because I few times I wanted to just buy her the Barbie. It was fun taking her tonight with Spencer and seeing how excited she was. She finally got her Barbie Mariposa, Yay!!
3 comments:
That is so cool. AND she totally earned that Barbie. Good job Brooklyn!! Hanging in there and not giving in is the hardest thing for me!! She'll have to bring it over to play with Natalie.
Good job Brooklyn! Just a few days ago you only had one sticker left! You are such a good, cute girl!
What a good mom, I too prefer the term "incentive program" over bribery. She is such a cute little girl.
Post a Comment