Friday, February 20, 2009

Body Worlds Exhibit



Last month Spencer and I were able to go up to the Leonardo and see the Body Worlds exhibit. I am really into learning as much as I can about the human body. Health science is something that I've always enjoyed. That is probably why I became a nurse, but this exhibit is like nothing else I've seen. I have been in anatomy labs and I wish we could have studied these bodies instead of cadavers. They were so amazing. I had never heard of this plasticizing process before, but it is incredible. It preserved entire capillary structures and was really neat to see. They didn't allow us to take any pictures inside the exhibit, so I got these off the web.

2 comments:

Laurel said...

I'm so jealous you got to go. We never could find a good time. It looks so fun. I love learning about human sciences too. It's just so interesting.

Jami Edwards said...

Hey girl! Ryan and I went to body worlds a couple of years ago and I loved it also. Isn't it sooo interesting. The detail was sooo incredible:)