Thursday, June 26, 2008

Just Call Me Jane of all Trades




Gavin had to take a picture since I was, so he took one of me!

So, Spencer left today for a Stake Camp, that he and the rest of the Stake YM Presidency are putting on for the next 3 days. I've been begging him for a trampoline for the last couple of months ever since we had a hole dug for one. Finally this morning he picked one up. First I called my sis Leesh, and asked her if maybe her husband Chris could come help me set it up. He had a test tonight, but could possibly help me tomorrow. Well, I started thinking about it and thought how hard could this be really? So I opened the box up and started looking at the parts. It looked fairly self-explanatory, so I decided to give it a go. I had glanced at the instructions and it said "at this point you'll need two people" I thought well I guess I won't be able to do it on my own. Then I though wait a second, I have Brooklyn, she definitely counts as a second person, so I'm good. She was a great helper too, I had the frame all built, when I realized I did it wrong. The funny thing, was that the way I did it was WAY harder then the actual way( I think I pulled a few muscles). When I had the frame built the RIGHT way Brooklyn said to me "Mom, you're a really good builder!" Thats right Spence, you're not the only Construction-savvy one in the fam!LOL Anyway putting the rest together was a snap, and my kids were so thrilled when we were done, even though it was dark. We jumped and laid down at looked at the starts, what a great night! When it was all done Brooklyn wanted Spencer to come home from camping to see what we built, it was really cute to see how excited she was to show her Dad.

5 comments:

Canesa said...

WOW!! I'm so impressed, ride 100 miles on a bike AND build a tramp!I bet Brooklyn will never forget this memory! Good job Mom!

Heather said...

Way to go girl! You and I are so much alike. I always tackle ginormous projects when Justin's not around. I usually get it wrong the first few times, but eventually I figure it out!

Laurel said...

Great Job!! The kids look so happy. Gavin takes great pictures.

Anonymous said...

Okay, how freakin' good do you look!? I'm so impressed! Do you run, too, or just cycle? I run, but cycling is next on my list.

How did you find my blog!? hah. This blogging world. It's crazy. I've been writing online for years, but this "family blog" thing is new to me.

I saw your mom the other day and felt bad that we haven't stayed in touch. Yay for teh interwebz.

xo
Amy

Melinda Jones said...

Amberlie, you are my hero! Seriously, as I was reading this entry I just kept thinking about the crib, the changing table, and the book shelf and all remained in their packaging until Taylor could take care of them. What a woman! Such a fun (and funny) post. :)