Monday, June 9, 2008

Little Red Riding Hood Century

This past weekend, I and some friends signed up to do another cycling event. It was called The Little Red Riding Hood. It was women only, and supposedly like one of only two, women-only cycling events in the country (not sure if this is entirely accurate?). Anyway, some of my friends had done it two years ago, and raved how fun it was, so a bunch of us signed up. Pictured above is Melissa Larson, Me, & Canesa Rowley. We all pulled up trailers the night before in Wellsville,UT and camped. The morning of we drove over to the park where it began. The ride was pretty fun, we passed through a few rain showers, and there was definitely some head wind, crosswinds, not as many tailwinds as I'd liked, but we made it, here is me pulling in from 100 miles! It was definitely hard, but my best century ride time yet!


Below is Melissa, I, Canesa, and Tonya Bowerbank. Canesa and Tonya rode together, this was their first organized ride, and I am so proud of them they did the 80-mile ride!! You guys are awesome, and Canesa only got her bike 6 weeks ago, way to go!!!

4 comments:

mandamike said...

WOW! I am so immpressed way to go!

Kizzy said...

how awesome! i am so impressed.

Anonymous said...

Wow - I am so impressed and jealous...I wish I had some self discipline! I have no motivation but would love to do something like that! You're the best....we need to get together!!

Brooke said...

WOW you guys are studs!!! I'm so proud of you. That's so amazing to bike 100 miles. That's awesome!