Monday, June 30, 2008

Swimming Lessons!

We finished swimming lessons in June. This is Brooklyn's third year of lessons, I was so proud of her this year. She has been swimming with her face in the water and kicking, arms out straight, but now she is using her arms as well. She can swim the short side of the pool underwater all by herself! This bottom picture is of her jumping off the diving board(her favorite part of swimming lessons). She can jump off the diving board and swim to the side all by herself, way to go Brooklyn! Pretty good for four years old!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great! It doesn't surprise me; Brooklyn was always so competent physically! T

rue to their differences as toddlers, Ayla is just barely figuring it out. She just BARELY started swimming. She could float as a baby, but seriously regressed with time (over the stupid winters!). I'm pretty stoked that she's putting her face under the water and flailing around like a flounder. We're a far way from swimming!

Brooklyn is so adorable. I can't believe how big she is. Man. What 3 years will do!

Amanda M. said...

Hi Amberly-
your kids are getting so big! Your blog is really cute, and you are absolutely stunning!

klkw said...

It was fun seeing you at the Chipman's BBQ & the Children's parade. Seriously, your kids are stinkin' cute. Canesa is trying to get me to start going on your guys' crazy 1000000 mile bike rides...if it will help me look as good as you, I'M IN!!!!