Monday, June 23, 2008

Strawberry Days in Review...





Growing up in Pleasant Grove I definitely get excited when Strawberry Days is here. It is definitely one of my favorite celebrations of the year. It must be all my fond memories as a child, going to the rodeo, parade, and eating lots of strawberries, that make me still get excited today. Strawberry Days ends up being a pretty busy week, but I love every second of it. This year we weren't able to do ALL the activities I wanted, but it was still a great time.
Wednesday is the Children's Parade, and this year Spencer couldn't make it, so I braved the scorching hot weather and huge crowd with the kids. They loved it and of course the popsicle at the end made it all worth it (right?). That night we took the kids to the Carnival. Spencer was insistent that Gavin (2 yrs. old) ride the Dragon Rollercoaster. I wasn't exactly thrilled at the idea and tried to tell him to wait till next year, however I succumbed and let my little boy get on the ride. The first loop Gavin had a huge smile, but then he quickly turned green and looked like he was going to puke. I felt so terrible and gave Spencer a hard time as well. Gavin survived, while Brooklyn was laughing, raising her arms and squealing with excitement.





Thursday night was the Chipman's Annual Block Party. I really enjoy going, because I get to see people I usually don't get to see. The kids love it, especially Brooklyn, because of the music and dancing. She found a little friend this year Emmie Carson. It was really cute they were walking around holding hands and having fun.

Finally on Saturday we went to the Parade. It is a tradition, but Spencer is not exactly thrilled to go, however he is a really good sport and goes with my family every year. Brooklyn loves parades, and whenever a city's royalty would go by on their float, she would wave like a beauty queen and say "look at those princesses mom!" It was pretty adorable. So, that was what we did for Strawberry days this year, pretty fun, can't wait till next year!

5 comments:

Whitney said...

hey girly i'm going shopping for a black dress for bridemaids. I know nothins official yet but i found some cute black ones and was wonderin your size for when i do get them? Let me know?

Whitney said...

sorry i ment "skirt" not dress

Laurel said...

Your kids are way too cute. How in the world do you deal with them? Looks like you guys had fun. Next year we hope to hit the parade too.

Whitney said...

ok maybe we will have to do that. We could all just get together at the mall or something.

Kizzy said...

how fun! utah is the best for that kind of stuff. az is so boring!