Monday, October 6, 2008

FHE gone wrong...


Tonight for Family Home Evening Spencer decided to give the lesson on Priesthood. Keep in mind our kids are age 5 and 2. However, I gave him the benefit of the doubt and let him proceed. He gave Brooklyn a picture of Jesus healing a blind mind and was explaining about being blind, then he placed his hands on her head with his thumbs on her eyes mimicking what Jesus did when he healed the blind man. He then told about Jesus giving the Priesthood to his Apostles. Then he talked about how he has given the kids blessings. Then the following conversation took place:
Spencer: "Have I given you a blessing?"
Gavin: "you're gonna poke my eyes out?"
Spencer: "No, I gave you a blessing to make you better, when you were sick?"
Gavin: (concerned and ready to cry) "I don't want one!"
Mom: "Gavin, Daddy gave you a blessing when you were sick to make you feel better"
Gavin: "No, I don't like that, I don't want it!"
OK...so anyway apparently the healing the blind thing was more than Gavin's little two-year-old brain could handle, and he thought Jesus was poking the man's eyes out, not healing them, so for now he does NOT want any blessings...period.

5 comments:

Kizzy said...

that is so cute! a little over his head but good try:)

Lorina said...

Poor kid! haha.. it's so darn cute!

Emma said...

I love it!

Amanda M. said...

lol! That is so funny. It is so funny to see what kids are thinking when you are trying to teach them something. Great try anyway.

Jami Edwards said...

Hey amberlie, sorry I never got back to you the other night. I honestly was on the other side of az and having anxiety about finding exactly where I was going:)I do work nov 6, but have the rest of that weekend off. Yeah! It will be a relaxing weekend of food, beautiful weather and food. :) Hope all is well. jami