Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Hee Haws with Gavin


So I take Gavin to a Mom and Tot class once a week while Brooklyn is in school. It has been really great because we really get some one on one time together. Today we had our first fieldtrip to Hee Haws in Pleasant Grove. Gavin was so excited to go on his very own fieldtrip, since Brooklyn is going on one too this week.
Hee Haws is basically pretty similar to Corn Belly's at Thanksgiving Point. They have some bunnies, chickens, and goats. Gavin liked petting the bunnies and chickens, then he fed the goats some food. They have a couple big slides, which he loved and would have stayed there all day if I would have let him, and the reason I didn't is because when he'd get to the top he wouldn't come down, he'd just sit there and laugh and then none of the other kids could go down, sometimes he is such a little punk! Then we played in the corn box, similar to a sandbox but better because it is a lot less messy. He wouldn't go on the hay ride because for some reason he has a real aversion to these things, for what reason I have no idea, because those hay rides can get pretty scary? Last we went a picked a pumpkin in their pumpkin patch. He kept telling me "mom all the wittle pumpkins are don (gone), wets go back now" All in all he had a pretty good time, and it was nice to go with just him and I.

Feeding the Goats, I was surprised he actually did this, he is usually more afraid of animals.


His expression of delight after feeding the Goats!

Eating the corn! He is doing it to tease me because I'm telling him not to! But how can you get mad at such a cute little face...

Gavin going down the slide, his favorite part!

This is Gavin whining because he kept telling me: "hold my pumpkin mom its to hebby!"



2 comments:

Jessica said...

Stewart and I were just talking yesterday about how much we miss our family. I'm nervous that your kids will forget who we are by the time we see them again. We miss coming over and visiting you guys and playing with Brooklyn and Gavin. You need to visit soon!

smarts said...

Looks like fun I wish we would have went, but we had dance!