Have you ever had one of those days where you just want to pull your hair out? Well today is only half over and I'm about ready to SCREAM! My kids have started to argue a lot lately. Now I realize this is not necessarily abnormal. I also know from experience this in NOT a temporary phase and can and usually does last through adolescence, which just makes it that much more depressing!
After I picked Brooklyn up from school, we came home and I started making some lunch. Brooklyn wanted PB & J so of course Gavin said he did as well. I realize that what a two-year-old says isn't necessarily what they want either, but I made him one too. NO, that's not what he wanted. I agreed that was fine. We went on with lunch, Gavin left and I didn't think much about it, because he didn't ask for anything else, so I figured he must not be that hungry. Well next thing I know I find that he has stuffed his sandwich in a cup full of water till it is soggy and then smeared it all over my hallway rug. Then there is the peanut butter water all over the hardwood floors and walls...love it.
Next comes the fighting, yelling, hitting, screaming, chasing, you get the point. I decide to occupy my kids to keep them from fighting. I hop on www.familyfun.com and start printing out some activities. All is well till Gavin starts cutting up Brooklyn's picture search...and it begins again...aahh! I decide to take a shower, because it is now two'o'clock and it would probably be a good idea. I guess while I was occupied my kids thought it would be fun to crack eggs all over my kitchen floor...kill me now.
Okay, everyone in the car! I decide to take a drive to see if I can get Gavin to sleep and get a little peace and quiet! After 15 or so minutes he's out. Ah...what a great feeling. As I drive up our street I see Spencer's truck. He's home? It's 3:30? How great is that? I get even more of a break than I thought. I turn into the garage "Crunch!" what was that? Oh, don't worry I just SCRAPED my bumper across the brick and made a huge dent and scratch in my car! Are you kidding me? Next Spencer walks out in his biking clothes, so I guess he isn't staying home. I go to get Gavin out of his seat, he went pee in his pants..yuck! As we are walking into the house Gavin hears Spencer talk to Brooklyn wakes up and starts to bawl. Will this day ever end?
2 comments:
o ambs i'm sorry... i didnt know the day was that bad! Let me know if you want any help or a break i'll come take them off your hands i'm serious!
I feel for you! I'm so sorry about your awful day. I think we've all been there!
Post a Comment